Enhancing quality of life
We’re committed to supporting organizations that make a difference in the communities we serve. Each year, we award more than $450,000 in grants to help improve the quality of life for our customers, employees and neighbors. We are committed to volunteerism, providing opportunities for members of our team to support causes important to employees and their families. One way we encourage this service is through the NiSource Dollars for Doers program, which contributes up to $500 to organizations where a Columbia employee volunteers.
Investing in strong communities
Through our Community Investment Program, we donate time, money, and other resources each year to hundreds of local philanthropic programs and organizations across our 26-county service area. These grants focus primarily on:
- Safety: Emergency Assistance & Disaster Preparedness, First Aid, Safety Education & Energy Safety
- Economic & Workforce Development: Retention And Attraction Of Job Opportunities; Energy Infrastructure; Community Vitality
- Environmental Stewardship: Protection and Restoration of Natural Resources, Energy Conservation and Environmental
- STEM and Energy Education: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Energy Education
- Basic Needs & Hardship Assistance: Food, Shelter, Heating Assistance and Social Service
2018 Giving Back Report
See our 2018 Giving Back Report to learn more about our investment in strong communities.
Be our partners in community safety
We’re committed to supporting first responders with monetary and material resources, as well as natural gas safety education to help keep our customers and communities safe.
Each year, we educate hundreds of first responders at our Safety School, which includes a classroom session on a natural gas safety and incident response, a review of facilities in the responders’ specific communities, and an outdoor opportunity for firefighters to extinguish four types of natural gas fires. If you are interested in attending Safety School, contact Kristie Kubovic at 724-416-6017 or kkubovic@NiSource.com.