Go Paperless and Reduce Your Carbon Footprint!
Stop receiving your Columbia Gas bills in the mail and view them online instead – it's easy, it's green and it's secure.
- No separate User ID and Password to remember – Log in just once to our website to view and pay your bill!
- Save time – No more waiting for your bill to arrive in the mail. The same day it’s rendered, we’ll send you an email notification with a link to our website when your bill is ready to view.
- Convenience – Check out other information about your account or your natural gas service while you're on our website.
- Keep electronic records – Stop sorting through piles of paper bills. Build a history of your bills and payments online.
- Secure billing – Did you know that paper bills can pass through the hands of as many as 10 people? The majority of identity theft starts with someone seeing personal information on a paper check, billing statement or bank account statement. Direct e-Bill limits your risk of identity theft by reducing the flow of personal information from unsecured mailboxes, where paper mail can be a target for theft.
- Choose your preferred method of payment – Although it's easiest to pay your bill online while you're logged in to your account or through our ZipCheck automatic payment service, you can pay by any available method you choose.
- It's free! No premiums, no enrollment charge, no access fees – no hassle!
The Environmental Benefits
Helping the environment is as simple as opening your bill. According to a recent study by the Pay It Green Alliance, the average household receives approximately 19 bills and statements and makes approximately seven paper payments per month. Collectively, the production and transportation of those paper bills, statements and payments consume 755 million pounds of paper, nine million trees and 512 million gallons of gasoline.
You can calculate your individual financial paper footprint on Alliance’s website. For every 38,500 paperless bills Columbia Gas provides, the environment saves:
- 1 ton of paper
- 16,450 gallons of water
- 1,941 pounds of solid waste
- 60 pounds of air emissions
- 5,058 pounds of greenhouse gases
How to Enroll in Direct e-Bill
Enrollment in Direct e-Bill is easy – and immediate. Just log in to your account and follow the easy, three-step process to request Direct e-Bill and confirm your email address. As long as you sign up by the day before your billing date, you'll receive an email notification when your next bill is available to view on our website. The email will include a link to our website, as well as links to important information about your account, natural gas safety tips, how to use energy wisely, and our quarterly customer newsletter. Since your first notification will confirm that your email address is valid, you'll also receive just one more paper bill in the mail from Columbia Gas that month. Be sure to update your account profile if your email address should change to make sure we send notification to your current address without delay.
Note: If you're currently enrolled in CheckFree e-Bill, you'll need to cancel that option before you can enroll in Direct e-Bill. Visit the CheckFree website to submit your cancellation request online. CheckFree normally processes cancellations by the next business day, not including weekends or holidays. You can check the status of your enrollment on the Account Summary screen on this site before signing up for Direct e-Bill.
How to Cancel Direct e-Bill
Of course, if you want to change back to paper bills, just log in to your account and go through the quick and easy steps to cancel Direct e-Bill.
You can also choose to sign up for free, monthly paperless billing and online payments through CheckFree, an industry leader in online billing and payment services. With CheckFree, you can view and pay bills from multiple billers from their website. Enroll online at the CheckFree website.
With instant activation, you can view your most recent bill while you're online. There's no enrollment fee or waiting period for approvals. For your account protection, you will be asked to create a personal user ID and password.
CheckFree also offers an online payment service, which can be accessed through their website or through a link on your e-Bill. To use this online payment tool, you will be asked to provide your Social Security number and information about your financial institution to authorize electronic payment from your checking account. Keep in mind that online payments made through CheckFree might take up to five business days to post to your Columbia Gas account. If you submit your payment on or after the due date of the bill, be sure to call us or log in to your Columbia Gas account to report your payment receipt number.
Once you sign up for online e-Bill delivery, you'll receive just one more paper bill in the mail from Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania. You can print your e-Bill or store it in an electronic file for your records.