Prepare and Prevent Social Media Campaign
Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania, in partnership with the American Red Cross, is encouraging you to keep your family and community safe by becoming better prepared for a disaster or emergency. Throughout February, Columbia Gas and the Red Cross will provide social media users with valuable safety preparedness and emergency prevention tips.
In support of the American Red Cross, Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania will donate $2 for every additional like on the company’s Facebook page or follow on the company’s Twitter page throughout February. A total of up to $5,000 will be donated in support of emergency prevention and preparedness training, resources, and services provided by the local Red Cross chapter in your community*.
In addition to gaining safety preparedness and emergency prevention knowledge, there are many added benefits of joining Columbia Gas on social media.
- Stay updated on important energy efficiency and bill assistance information
- First to know about important company announcements
- Sharing career opportunities and job openings
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I (like/follow) Columbia Gas on social media?
Facebook: With an active Facebook account, go to the official Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ColumbiaGasPennsylvania) and click on the “Like” button in the upper right side of the page.
Twitter: With an active Twitter account, go to the official Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania Twitter page (https://twitter.com/ColumbiaGasPA) and click on the “Follow” button.
The Twitter and Facebook Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania pages can be found through their direct URL - https://www.facebook.com/ColumbiaGasPennsylvania, https://twitter.com/ColumbiaGasPA or by searching “Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania”
2. Can I like Columbia Gas on Facebook or follow Columbia Gas on Twitter if I do not have a social media account?
No. You must have an active Facebook and/or Twitter account to participate in the campaign.
3. If I like Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania on Facebook and follow the company on Twitter, does this count as two social media additions, or just one.
Two. We encourage social media users to follow and like us, if they so choose.
4. Can I like Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania on Facebook and follow the company on Twitter just between the February 1, 2016 through February 29, 2016 dates?
You can follow/like Columbia Gas at any time. However, the #Prepare and #Prevent social media campaign, where the company will donate $2 to the Red Cross for every additional like and/or follow, is only taking place starting 12 a.m. February 1, 2016 and ending 12 p.m. February 29, 2016.
5. What are the benefits of liking Columbia Gas on Facebook and/or following Columbia Gas on Twitter?
There are many benefits of following/liking Columbia Gas on Facebook and Twitter. Our company information will be added to your news feed on both social media outlets, meaning you will stay updated on important safety, energy efficiency, and bill assistance information. You will be among the first to know about important company announcements, and we will share career opportunities and job openings with you.
6. What happens if I no longer want to follow/like Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania on social media?
You can unfollow and/or unlike Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania, therefore removing their information from your social media news feed, at any time. If you unlike/unfollow the company within of the 12 a.m. February 1, 2016 and ending 12 p.m. February 29, 2016, you will not be recognized as an additional social media follower for this campaign.
7. Can Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania see my personal information when I like the company on Facebook or follow the company on Twitter.
Always check your social media privacy settings. If your Facebook and Twitter accounts are private, Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania cannot see your personal information posted on social media, even after you like the company on Facebook or follow the company on Twitter.
8. Do I have to be a Columbia Gas customer for the additional like/follow to count towards the campaign?
All social media users are qualified participants, not limited to Columbia Gas customers.
9. How will Columbia Gas decide what Red Cross chapters to give to?
Columbia Gas will give to two Red Cross Regional Chapters in Pennsylvania (Southwestern Pennsylvania Region Chapter and the York County Chapter), covering the majority of the communities throughout the company’s service territory.
10. Is there a maximum contribution Columbia Gas will make to the Red Cross?
Yes, Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania will contribute a maximum of $5,000 to the Red Cross as a result of the February social media campaign.
*Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania will donate a total of up to $5,000 to local Red Cross chapters throughout the company’s service territory. Additional Facebook likes and Twitter followers will be tabulated starting 12AM February 1, 2016 and ending 12PM February 29, 2016. All social media users are qualified participants, not limited to Columbia Gas customers. Columbia Gas is making a gift to American Red Cross Disaster Relief. This gift enables the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to and help people recover from disasters big and small. The American Red Cross name and emblem are used with its permission, which in no way constitutes an endorsement, express or implied, of any product, service, company, opinion or political position. The American Red Cross logo is a registered trademark owned by the American Red Cross. For more information, please visit redcross.org.