Warrendale-Bayne Road in Marshall Township will be closed overnight between State Route 19 and Northgate Drive beginning May 13, 2019 as Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania crews work on a natural gas pipeline infrastructure replacement project in the area.
Work will take place Monday through Saturday, with road closures only in place between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. Detours will be posted, and residents and emergency responders will have access to the closed section of road as necessary. The project is expected to be completed by mid-July 2019, weather permitting.
Motorists that encounter Columbia Gas work crews on the road can follow these simple tips to ensure their safety and the safety of road crews:
- Expect the unexpected – Normal speed limits may be reduced, traffic lanes may change, and people may be working on or near the road.
- Slow down – Speeding is one of the major causes of work zone crashes.
- Keep your distance – Keep a safe distance between you and the car ahead of you and don’t tailgate.
- Pay attention to the signs – Observe the posted signs until you see the one that says you’ve left the work zone.
- Obey road crew flaggers – A flagger has the same authority as a regulatory sign, so you can be cited for disobeying his or her directions.
- Stay alert and minimize distractions – Dedicate your full attention to the roadway and avoid changing radio stations or using cell phones while driving.
For more information about Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania’s focus on work zone safety, please visit www.ColumbiaGasPA.com/services/stay-safe.