As part of natural gas pipeline installation, Columbia Gas will be working at night in York, south of Country Club Road between Fairview Drive and S. George Street, starting on April 1, weather permitting. Traffic will be closed on Fairview Drive between Country Club Road and Edgewood Drive.
Columbia Gas will be installing a new pipeline under a stream at that location, which will involve machinery to dig through rock. Work will be ongoing until we complete the stream crossing, including at night. There may be times when the work will cause noise levels to rise, but Columbia Gas and our contractor will make every effort to complete our work as soon as possible.
Motorists that encounter road work can follow these simple tips to ensure their safety and the safety of road crews:
- When approaching a construction work zone, obey flaggers who may signal you to stop or slow down. Drivers who disobey a flagger may be cited.
- Pay attention to and obey all signage posted in a construction work zone.
- Motorists are required by law to use headlights when traveling through a work zone. Remember to turn headlights on when traveling in work zones, even during daylight hours.
- Reduce your speed and double your following distance. Always travel at or below the posted speed for the work zone.
- Stay alert and do not drive distracted – do not eat or use cell phones, computer devices, or car audio systems when driving in construction zones.
For more information about Columbia Gas’s focus on safety, please visit ColumbiaGasPA.com/services/stay-safe.