descriptivetext
Carbon monoxide detectors in Uniontown

Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania, Inc. in partnership with the Uniontown Volunteer Fire Department and the United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania distributed complimentary carbon monoxide detectors to Uniontown community members. Of approximately 1,400 detectors distributed statewide, 350 were available for pick-up at the Uniontown Volunteer Fire Department’s Trunk-or-Treat event and the community’s Halloween Parade.

“Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless, non-corrosive gas that can be a by-product of the combustion of ordinary fuels,” explained Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania Vice President of External and Customer Affairs Andy Tubbs. “Carbon monoxide can become very poisonous if it is not vented properly and if allowed to accumulate without sufficient oxygen.” 

If families missed the opportunity to pick-up a free detector, Columbia Gas has partnered with First Alert to provide a 20% discount on various carbon monoxide detectors if ordered online at www.firstalertstore.com/columbiagas. Offer expires 1-31-20.

“You may not expect to pick up a home safety device during your Halloween, trick-or-treating and community festivities, but that’s exactly what we wanted to do for the families throughout Uniontown,” said Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania General Manager Mike Davidson. “We need to keep our communities safe and the surest way to know if there is carbon monoxide in your home is with a detector.”

For more information regarding the utility’s dedication to safety and community investment, visit ColumbiaGasPA.com/GivingBack.

Article Credits

Posted In
Community, Customers, Safety

Have an emergency?

If you smell gas, think you have a gas leak, have carbon monoxide symptoms or have some other emergency situation, go outside and call 911 and then call us at 1-888-460-4332.