Signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning may include: shortness of breath, tiredness, confusion, nausea, headache, dizziness, weakness, blurred vision, and loss of consciousness.
Carbon Monoxide Prevention Tips:
- Have your heating system, water heater and any other gas, oil or coal-burning appliances serviced annually by a qualified technician.
- Install CO detectors in your home and check or replace batteries each spring and fall. Leave your home immediately if the detector sounds and seek medical attention if you suspect CO poisoning.
- Do not use a generator, charcoal grill or charcoal-burning device in your home.
- Do not run a vehicle inside an attached garage, even if the door is open.
- Do not heat your home with a gas oven or burn anything in a fireplace that is not vented.