Shop and Compare
Before you decide which supplier works best for you, do what any good shopper does - ask questions. Call the supplier numbers provided and ask for information. And make sure you know what’s included in their service contracts. To help you, we have compiled this checklist to make your choice an informed one.
- Is the supplier a qualified participant in Columbia Gas' Choice program?
- What is the supplier's price per therm?
- Is the supplier's cost a fixed charge per therm?
- When does the fixed rate expire?
- What happens when the fixed rate expires?
- Is the supplier's cost a variable rate?
- Is there a cap on how high the variable rate can be?
- When do I find out what the variable rate is each month?
- Will the supplier bill you directly or will they have Columbia Gas do it?
- If the supplier does its own billing, do they also offer a budget payment plan?
- What is the length of your agreement with the supplier?
- Is there a penalty or cancellation fee if you wish to switch suppliers?
- Does the supplier have a toll-free number for service and billing questions?
- Does the supplier offer additional services or incentives for enrollment?
Remember to get all the information before entering into a contract with the supplier. If you have additional questions about Choice, call 1-888-460-4332.