You have the right to restrict your customer account information. If you do not specifically notify Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania, Inc. (“Columbia Gas”) that you do not want your customer account information shared, much of your customer account information, except your telephone number, may be shared with third parties, including natural gas supply companies licensed in Pennsylvania.
On a monthly basis natural gas suppliers have access to an updated list of residential and small commercial customer account information for those customers who have not instructed Columbia Gas to remove or limit their customer account information that appears on the list. Information provided on the list includes:
- the customer account number;
- the customer name on the account;
- the customer service address;
- the customer mailing address;
- the type of service, i.e. residential or commercial;
- the rate schedule used to bill the account;
- whether or not the natural gas is used for heating;
- when Columbia reads the gas meter and bills the account;
- whether or not the natural gas is currently being purchased from a supplier other than Columbia Gas;
- a 12-month history of the natural gas usage.
Customer telephone numbers are not provided on the list.
How to restrict your customer account information
Notify Columbia Gas that you want some or all of your customer account information removed from the list by submitting this form.