Steps to Take if Facing Shut-Off
If You Receive a Termination Notice
Call us immediately at 1-888-460-4332. If you are calling on the date of termination, we cannot guarantee your service will not be shut off. Avoid shut-off by taking these steps:
Step 1: Choose one of these fast ways to pay
- Pay Online (Free): Login at your convenience to make single payments free of charge.
- Pay Through BillMatrix: BillMatrix, our payment services partner, accepts payments by credit/debit card or electronic check on their website or by phone. Call BillMatrix at 1-866-694-1828. Note: BillMatrix charges a convenience fee for each transaction.
- Pay in Person: Find a payment location near you. Note: Agents may charge a service fee.
Step 2: If you pay online with our free one-time payment service, the system will automatically note a payment confirmation number on your account. There’s no need to report the confirmation number again, either online or by phone.
If you use one of the other payment methods, call Columbia Gas DirectLink at 1-888-460-4332 to report the receipt or payment confirmation number. Payments must be reported by 10:00 p.m. on the day before the scheduled termination date to avoid shut-off. When you call, follow these steps to report the payment confirmation number:
- Select option 1 on the Columbia Gas DirectLink automated phone system for payment and account information
- Select option 2 from the next menu to report a payment you recently made
Your payment is credited to your account on the date Columbia Gas receives the payment. If payment is not received by the due date of your current bill, a 1.5 percent late payment charge will be added to your account.